Wednesday 21 October 2015

Life Drawing Session 5

Today we did the usual 3 minutes of 5 drawings each.


We then spent 10 minutes drawing him while he was walking around and again like last time I decided to do quick round and bulky drawings to get his shape and formations down as quick as possible instead of focusing on the details.


Then for 30 minutes we had to draw or rub out pieces of charcoal which which we covered the page in for 15 minute each. So we had to cover the page in charcoal and use a rubber to rub bits and pieces off, after rubbing some bits off, I found myself rubbing too much off so I decided to had some charcoal back on but ended up adding too much; making some of the outlines very noticeable.


So during the second attempt. I went a little bit more easy on the rubbing out and adding more charcoal back on, I also smudge some of the place where it had both light and dark parts to creat a medium tone. I much prefer this one other the first one I did, it was very fun 


 During our last 30 minutes we had to use 2 different media and draw them next to each other and compare them at the end. On the left I used charcoal and on the right I used a green marker pen.
 I like the charcoal much more than the green marker pen because using the charcoal was much easier and faster. It was also much easier to get harder tonnes and lighter tonnes where I needed to shade, but compared to the green marker, it was a lot harder.



No comments:

Post a Comment