Wednesday 7 October 2015

CGA Visual Design - Futuristic Weapons

Mood Board 


I first started off by looking at some pistols as they are the most basic shaped of all weapons but then looking at weapons from crisis 2, COD zombies, fallout series, halo series and mass effect series and was most fascinated by plasma weapons from fallout so I decided to base my first concept off that. 

I wanted to add the revolver chamber on the gun as a revolver is a very old western styled gun, and thinking more apocalyptic gun , it had to be added. Then I had a little look at the mass effect series hand guns and their handles, all with varies shapes and decided to add a round base. The battery looking things are were the plasma is stored connecting the revolver chamber and drew 2 more little sketches for other ideas.


For my second concept I wanted to for the more alien weapons, showing pieces of flesh and tentacles going out from the gun and and it more defined to a alien kind of shape. This time focusing more on the shape of the gun rather than the theme and background of the gun. I have also drawn 3 more little rough sketches for ideas.



For my third concept I just wanted to make a shotgun in a old western but kind of futuristic style.



Final
 After having a look at the mood hoard again and at my concepts I decided to stick with a hand gun combining both alien and modern futuristic guns. The handle half is more alien like making the middle of the gun have a little alien creature inside of it as if it is the energy or power source to produce the bullet. The tentacles are leaches onto the users hand to suck the blood to power the alien inside of the gun; each shot has a cost to it The other half is more of a futuristic pulse or plasma gun but has been covered in alien fungi.



No comments:

Post a Comment