Wednesday 14 October 2015

Life Drawing Session 4


During our lesson today, we did the 3 minutes each of 5 drawings of out model.


After we had to do some quick sketches/drawings of our model walking around in a circle for 10 minutes to help us get the basic shape and posture of the body in different angles. I found it quite different as he was constantly moving so that why I didn't try to add in a lot of detail but tried to just get the basic shape of the body so I drew circles and blocks.


We then spend 15 minutes each on 3 drawings, but this time we had to draw each pose in 3 different media to see how our brain reacts to how we draw differently. The first one I did in pencil ( top left) , it took me a lot longer to draw this one compared to the other media's I used because I liked everything to be neat and had more detail.

 The second one , I used a brown marker pen which was a lot faster but was much harder to shade in the darker areas. So I did some cross hatching  to do the shading which I found effective when you look at it at a far distance.

The last one I used a green crayon, which I liked the most and the most easiest one to use  because the shading was much easier to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment