Wednesday 30 March 2016

Personal Work - Painting practice with low opacity and flow also using textures.

So I decided to do another staff as practice. I'm just practising painting without showing strong black outlines to distinguishes what parts are which so instead I'll only use them as a starting point or a outline just like I did when painting my tree. This doesn't mean I will completely stop showing black outlines to distinguish things for the final piece but it's just to help me broaden my range of skills to blend and make things stand out more

So I started off with a rough sketch for the staff.  I wanted it to be a fire staff which was quite different from the other one I have done previously.



 Painted in the staff and started the base for where the fire will come from.

 Added more detail by building up the staff and flames using a low opacity and flow to try and make a more natural blending look to the staff instead of a slapping on different colours of paint or just using a low opacity.
 I then added a texture to the flames on a separate layer on overlay.
 Added a few more flame textures
Final:

When I first started drawing the staff head, I was kinda randomly scribbling and came up with a happy accident. As you can see in my opinion it some what looks like a helmet.
So I started to draw a bit more and expand on it.

 Then I messed it up by adding a rubbish body to it. ( body looks too small >.< ) :(

I will continue to alter and finish this piece of work another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment