Friday 4 March 2016

CGA Visual Design - Tree


For additional work we had to do a painting or a tree with character, something that defines the tree so not like a tree with a face on it although I would like to do one which I may.

I first got a mood board of some trees, was looking more at how the branches form and expand out more than the type of tree they were but I did also take the type of tree into consideration and looked researched them more.


I first did some doodles of some plants or tree depending on how you would look at it just for fun.




 I then moved it onto some quick concept art , nothing was official and I wanted to get ideas out of my head. I was mainly looking at brush techniques and the kind of style I want to use to paint my final tree.





So for my tree I kinda knew what I wanted it to look like so I started off by sketching out the outline.


I then just roughly colour in my tree and added in the background, at this point the ground where the tree is on didn't matter too much to me although being a important aspect to the painting. I wanted to make sure it suited the trees characteristics.


After adding the background and colouring it in a bit, I then added the ground or dirt as well as starting with the leaves of the tree.


I then continued to add more depth and detail to the tree trunk and leaves.


After finishing painting in the trees I then added some grass to it.


Then added some lighting and shadows to finish it off.


After finishing my painting I added a Panda! ,because why not?


After getting some feed back from some friends, I changed the grass which I was planning to do some time anyway. So instead of using a brush which made things easy in the first place but it was within a set colour range which I couldn't choose., I wanted to paint some grass for practice using different tones of green which looks much more better.




No comments:

Post a Comment