Saturday 23 January 2016

CGA Gameplay and Interactivity - (Group Project) First few weeks of production

So far one of my group members has come up and done a image of what our main character would look like.


As well as a few other things that my group members and I have done in the first week.




Now onto the gameplay or start of making our game in unity. As you can see I have put everything in that we currently have as of yet.


Now first of all what I considered the most important and fundamental part of the game is obviously being able to move, without being able to move it's not much of a game is it? 



So after making the script I attached it to the player as well as giving it a RigidBody 2D otherwise the player would just float. I have made it so you can run, turn around and jump aswell.




After that we needed a enemy that would die to us... I wasn't looking at anything too complicated as of yet so my goal was to just made our little pink slime die when we the player enter the trigger which is considered the slime.

I just named the script Death just to make it easy for me as the would thing that would die right now is the slime.




Success!


Right, after doing that I then added a working health system which would kill the player if he walked into the spikes... well take 3 points of damage anyway and then reset the level when he dies.

So first I made the player script which we would attach to the player where we would store his health and other things.


I then made a HUD script which we attached to the Main Camera. I also created a new object and called it HUD and made it a child of the canvas. As well as adding a image source as a child of the HUD object and renaming it Heart, where we will put the heart spite in and readjust the size of how the hearts look within the scene.

note: also took the spite sheet for the heart into sprite editor to cut them up into separate pieces and make sure to put sprite mode into multiple.


We had to put the sliced up hearts pieces into the HUD script within the inspector window for the main camera.



So after getting the hearts done, we then had to do the script for the spikes in order to take damage and applied the script to the spikes.











No comments:

Post a Comment