Thursday 10 December 2015

CGA 3D Art Production - Battle Arena Maya 2016 and Unity!

With our Dead line coming round the corner , I decided to finish up texturing my battle arena and bring it into unity.

I have added some props such as the barrel from the beginning of the course, Pillar, Foliage , mushrooms, wagon my boat.

I have also used other things that i have done in class such using the stone floor texture I made to apply onto my bridge.


Maya








Unity

I feel like when viewing my battle arena in Maya 2016 it looked very dull and lifeless but then when It took it into Unity and having the Directional light as a source of the sun make a very big change on my opinion of it.

My battle arena has certainly changed for what it imaged or wanted it to be , looking back at the mood board and map layout. Like I said a while ago when I first posted my Mood board and map layout that I was way over my head to try and make it the perfect battle arena I imaged it to be or that my ideas will change along the way and not add so many of the features. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion because its quite interesting to see where I ended up.



I can definitely say that it may not be what I quite wanted it to be but I think I did a good job, compared to how I was at the start of the year. Completely clueless on how to do certain things but it was fun to struggle and see the end result of my work that I have done this term.
The dead line was to require under 60,000 triangle count and I'm around the 53,000 triangle count, when I heard from my teacher the average or professional game designers keep it under or around 20,000 I was shocked. Although neither the less, it just sets me a new goal; to get better a modelling and consume less triangles. 















No comments:

Post a Comment