Wednesday 23 September 2015

CGA Visual Design Lesson 1 - Colouring a Robot

During our first lesson, we were given a task to draw and colour in the picture of the robot below on Photosho, it was to see how comfortable it was for us to use our graphic tablets to draw and paint.


I first started off  drawing the outline of the robot roughly, trying to get the right  angles and proportions.


 After roughly drawing the outline I then blocked in the shape of the outlines using 75% Gray.


I then started to fill some places with white.


When finishing applying some white tones, I then proceeded to had hide the white layer and started to add a bit of black, 80-90% Gray and a bit of white to distinguish which part had lighter of hard tonnes.





After wards I then put the white layer of paint visible again and proceeded to had some background colour and shade on the ground where he would be standing.





















Finally I gave my robot a shadow to make him actually appear some what physical instead of  a robot that doesn't exist or isn't touching the ground. Personally I found it very fun and helped me improve my skills of using a graphics table as well as Photoshop. The most important thing that was made clear to me when doing this work was that it indicated that I wasn't so good at blending the colours or made it so the colours looked very solid to identify which part was which in the painting I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment